Monday, January 17, 2011

Another rainy day in San Antonio

I know I heard Aunty tell mommy that the weather is supposed to be better today, but I stepped outside and it is still raining.  Why do metereologists get paid anything?  How many jobs do you know where you can be wrong 70% of the time and still keep your job?  I was hoping to go for a nice long run, but I'm not sure that's gonna happen because of the weather.  Mom and Dad are gonna run Grandma's Marathon in June, so I know I'll be getting my exercise soon.  I'll probably stay here in the house today.  Kona and Cocoa keep me company.  Kona sheds a lot and it gets on my nice black coat.

Molly is cooking Uncle Ray some kidney meat and it smells really good.  I see Kona and Cocoa getting table scraps, but I am not so lucky.  Sometimes I think that if I get close and look really cute they'll give me some of whatever they are eating.  I eat my dog food and mom will mix in some chicken jerky sometimes.  I like my food, but now that Kona is here I gotta eat it all right away.  I'm afraid he'll gobble it up if I don't.

Sounds like the missions of San Antonio is on the agenda for this morning.  I'll probably just relax in the house until everyone gets back.  I always get a little nervous when mom and dad leave because I'm not sure when they are coming back.  I love being with them so much.  I'll look out and make sure the van is still parked out front, and that makes me feel better to see.

Our little family has been traveling around in our van since the 2nd of January.  We left Decorah, Iowa that afternoon.  Oh boy, do I miss grandma and grandpa's heated floor.  It was so nice to lie down on the plush carpet and let the water heated floor warm me up.  You see the winter in Iowa is so cold and I'm not used to that.  I've been in Hawaii for the past five years.  I don't have an undercoat.

Here's a photo mom took of Kona and I playing in the living room...
And here's a photo of Cocoa:
Mom and Dad told me they had fun hanging out downtown today at the Alamo and taking the boat tour on the river.  Here's a pic of them in front of the Alamo shrine.
Aunty Loke made some great smelling chicken fajitas with salsa.  They ate them up and then I got my dinner.  Mom, Dad, Aunty Nai, and Uncle Austin went off to kickboxing at the academy.  Sounds like it was a great class and mom and dad enjoyed themselves.  The fajitas beforehand were a little too much for dad, but he recovered.  Now everyone is watching Marley & Me starring Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson.  I'm not that interested in it, so I'm heading upstairs to my doggy blanket to catch some zzzs.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment